[vc_row section_top_margin=”fifthtopmargin” section_bottom_margin=”forthbottommargin” section_schema=”light” section_background=”imagebg” image_background=”1286″ background_vertical_position=”center” background_horizontal_position=”top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_fullscreen=”yes” moving_direction=”horizontal” parallax_speed_1=”300″ parallax_speed_2=”300″ parallax_speed_3=”300″ parallax_speed_4=”300″ parallax_speed_5=”300″ parallax_speed_6=”300″ parallax_speed_7=”300″ parallax_speed_8=”300″ parallax_speed_9=”300″ parallax_speed_10=”300″][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/1″][vc_empty_space height=”8px”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
What is Student Aid San Antonio?
Student Aid San Antonio partners with schools, businesses, and education organizations across Bexar County to offer FREE help to students and parents filling out the federal and state college financial aid forms. Research shows that 90% of students who complete the FAFSA will enroll in post-secondary education.
Student Aid San Antonio is also designed to help San Antonio achieve key SA2020 goals of college readiness, high school graduation, and college enrollment.
There are multiple locations and dates available for volunteer support. Our goal is to make this a rewarding volunteer activity by helping our students navigate their way to college.
What is the time commitment from a volunteer?
Volunteers are expected to spend less than two hours in training prior to the Saturday event. Then then the volunteer will work from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on the identified Saturday.
What are the various jobs for a volunteer to do?
• VOLUNTEER CAPTAIN: The lead volunteer for the location to ensure all volunteers attend and troubleshoot if a volunteer is absent. Also makes sure the volunteers understand their role at the location.
• FINANCIAL AID VOLUNTEER: You will be working with parents and/or students to work through the financial aid process on a computer. You should be comfortable with working on a computer, setting up emails and working through an automated computer process. This job will require Completion of the in person training offered by Café College or the online training course
• REGISTRATION: Ask families and students if they have the appropriate materials to start and direct them to either wait or to the computer lab.
What about training?
All volunteers assisting with the completion of FAFSA forms must complete online or in-person training prior to their scheduled event.
In-person FAFSA Training for SASA Volunteers will be offered on Wednesday, January 21, January 28, and February 4, 2015 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm at cafécollege, 131 El Paso St, San Antonio, TX 78204. Volunteers must register for the training using the following links:
- January 21, 2015, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- January 28, 2015, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- February 4, 2015, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Online 2015 FAFSA Webinar Training will be hosted by TG on January 28, 2015 from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. CST. Volunteers can register for the training session by visiting TG’s website at
Online video training is available 24/7 on TG’s Adventure in Education website at:
Additional FAFSA completion resources can be found online at:
If you are interested in volunteering at any of the SASA sites, please contact Audree Hernandez -audree@advisingcorps – or Tessa Benavides – firstname.lastname@example.org.